My name is Dawn Aswege, and I am excited to be your child’s teacher. 5th and 6th grade is a transitional time as children grow toward adolescence. During these years, students mature into independent learners developing their own unique talents. My goal is to walk alongside my students, teaching, nurturing, and encouraging them as they begin to cross the bridge of childhood toward future adulthood. This is a wondrous time of life! Parents, I look forward to partnering with you as your children grow in their academic learning and faith life with Jesus.
Philosophy of Education
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! (1 John 3:1) The love of Jesus is unconditional and total. I want all my students to know and believe that Jesus is their loving Savior. God is also the giver of all good gifts. I know each student is individually gifted with many talents and abilities. In the classroom, my goal is to assist parents to help their children grow and develop all their God-given gifts.
- Word of God – Christ Light Lessons from Northwestern Publishing House
- Catechism – Faith Foundations from Northwestern Publishing House
- Reading – Novel Units, Common Literature and Readworks
- Sadlier Spelling and Vocabulary
- Zaner Bloser – Handwriting
- McGraw Hill – Everyday Mathematics
- Shurley Method – English Made Easy
- Pearson Core Knowledge – History and Geography
- Science - STEMscopes
- Art and Art History
- Physical Education