Welcome to 3rd and 4th grade!
I am Miss Jan Fritz. I have been a teacher at Calvary for 39 years and I’m excited to be starting year 40 with you! 3rd and 4th grades are a great time to be in the classroom. During these years, I plan to help my students learn the organizational skills and self-discipline they need to go into the middle grades. I expect my students to do well in both academics and behavior, and as the year progresses, to see them grow in their knowledge and abilities. My prayer is to be able to help them succeed and enjoy learning. I think it is very important for a child to like school at this age, so they will look positively at the years of learning ahead.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 The theme that was chosen for this school year is such an encouragement and comfort. Jesus’ saving work is the basis of everything I do at Calvary. With the help of the Holy Spirit, I will continue to uplift and support the children with God’s Words and promises. I want them to know the love of God in their hearts and lives.
- Word of God - Christ Light Lessons from Northwestern Publishing House
- SRA McGraw Hill Reading - Imagine It
- Vocabulary Spelling City - Spelling and Vocabulary Online
- Zaner Bloser - Handwriting
- McGraw Hill - Everyday Mathematics
- Shurley Method - English Made Easy
- STEMscopes - Science
- Pearson Core Knowledge - History and Geography
- Art and Art History
- Physical Education