The appearance and dress of students should positively reflect respect for themselves, for others, for their Savior, and for their school. Student dress and appearance are to promote a learning atmosphere that is free from distraction while reflecting the importance of the daily task of education. Good grooming and attire enhance students’ pride in themselves and their school and provide a positive witness to our community.
Should a student’s dress or grooming not meet established school standards, the parents will receive a FACTS notification and a School Dress Code Notice to be signed and return on the next school day. If a child’s clothing is a distraction in the learning environment, the child may be given alternate clothing to wear for the day, or parents may be contacted to bring clothing that complies with our dress code. Three School Dress Code Notices in a quarter will result in a student detention.
MONDAY - TUESDAY - THURSDAY - FRIDAY
Tops – Solid-Colored
- Collared Polo –Solid White, Red, Navy or Light Blue – fitted, clean, neither tattered nor torn
- Button Down Collared Shirt – Solid White, Red, Navy or Light Blue – fitted, clean, neither tattered nor torn
Bottoms – Solid-Colored
- Girls: Khaki/Navy – Shorts, Pants, Skirts, Skorts, Jumpers – fitted, clean, neither tattered nor torn
- Shorts, skirts, skorts, jumpers are to extend to finger tips when arms are against sides.
- Pants, capris, shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers must be properly fitted and worn at the waist.
- Boys: Khaki/Navy – Pants or Shorts – fitted, clean, neither tattered or torn
- Shorts are to extend to finger tips when arms are against sides.
- Pants and shorts must be properly fitted and worn at the waist.
Outerwear in Classrooms
- The only clothing that may be worn over a polo or button-down collared shirt within classrooms:
- Solid white, red, navy, or light blue sweatshirt, jacket, or cardigan that has a Calvary logo, no logo or advertising, or a simple logo not to exceed 2” x 2” without further imagery of advertising
- Calvary Knights spirit wear sweatshirt or jacket purchased from the school office
WEDNESDAY - DESIGNATED DAYS - DESIGNATED FIELD TRIPS
- Calvary Logo – Polo or Dress Shirt – Available from Lands’ End (School Code: 900168253)
- Khaki or Navy Shorts or Pants
- Calvary Polo or Polo or Dress Shirt – Available from Lands’ End (School Code: 900168253)
- Khaki or Navy pants, capris, shorts, skirts, skorts, jumpers
SPIRIT WEAR FRIDAYS – OPTIONAL – MAY WEAR STANDARD UNIFORMS
- Calvary Knights spirit shirts purchased from the school office may be worn on spirit Fridays.
- Clean, well fitting, jeans or jean shorts in good condition may be worn in place of uniform bottoms.
- No athletic bottoms, leggings, or jeggings are allowed.
- Must fully cover the shoulder and have short or long sleeves
- Tops that fall below the fingertips, have tails, or do not have a flat bottom hem are to be tucked
- Midriff and back may not be exposed
- Tops are to have a modest neckline and be modestly fastened
- No straps or undergarments are to be visible
- Long sleeve tops may be worn underneath standard uniform tops as long as they are solid black, navy, red, white, gray, or light blue in color.
- Pants, shorts, skirts, and skorts must be properly fitted and worn at the waist.
- Shorts and pants are to be properly hemmed or cuffed.
- Cut-offs and boxer shorts are not permitted.
- Clothing is not to be excessively large, worn, or longer than the heel.
- Tight-fitting shorts or pants are not permitted.
- Jeans are not permitted unless authorized for Spirit Friday or special days.
- Leggings, tights, or yoga style pants may be worn under uniform shorts, skirts, and skorts as long as they are solid black, navy, red, white, gray, or light blue in color.
Shoes & Socks
- Students are to wear shoes that fully enclose and protect the toes and heel.
- Socks are required and are not to be a distraction in the learning environment.
- Sandals, backless shoes, and “wheelies” of any type are not permitted.
- Hair must be neat, clean, well-groomed, and trimmed to keep hair out of the eyes.
- No extreme cuts, sculpted designs, styles, or colors that bring undue attention or create a distraction in the learning environment.
- No images, advertising, or words on tops or bottoms of clothing – manufacturers’ logos are not to exceed 2”x 2”.
- Tattoos, decals, pencil, or pen markings on the body are not permitted.
- Chains and pocket chains are not allowed.
- Sunglasses, head coverings, caps, and hats may only be worn outdoors.
- Body piercing other than earrings are not permitted.
- In grades 7-8, girls may wear makeup if it is applied at home under approval of parents and is used in moderation so that it does not cause a distraction in the learning environment.
Examples of Acceptable Clothing
Recommended Vendors: Target, Wal-Mart, Academy, Land’s End